The Gift Unaccepted or Ungiven

A place to promote yourself, your comic or your website. Or all of the above.

Moderator: Moderators

abe

Post by abe »

I have just posted an experimental "comic vignette" at my website Gravityland titled "The Gift Unaccepted or Ungiven". I'd be grateful to know what you think.

Thanks, abe
Kris Lachowski
Consistant Poster

Post by Kris Lachowski »

I read it, I like the art and I found the story interesting, but other than that I'm not sure. I think I'll have to let it digest and then reread it later.
Tim Tylor
Consistant Poster

Post by Tim Tylor »

I like it. :) It might be an idea to add "previous picture" links.
abe

Post by abe »

Since I don't want to be merely obscure, I thought I ought to offer a little insight into my motivation for "The Gift". It is a comment on the arbitrary allocation of "natural gifts", i.e. intellect, physical appearance, reasoning, musical or artistic ability, etc. Gifts and talents don't seem to always go to the deserving (as we might describe as deserving), or to a person of high character, or to someone who might even develop or care about it. Jeremy McFleagle does not only represent the receiver of a gift; he also might represent the giver. His disinterest is key.

As for the navigation of the comic, I wanted the imagery to be prominent, so I left off as many links as I could and still provide a way around it. I have added a note to the index page that informs the user how to go from "Next" and to "Previous".

...As for the fish in the last panel, it was really just a random artistic impulse. I personally think it turned out well, but I'm not sure it means anything.